Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cheap Low Carb Cooking


To save money at the store I spend about 4 hours every Sunday prepping and cooking for the week to come and although I rather being doing nothing at all, this day is the key to me sticking to my budget and to my low carb diet!

I divide large packs of meats into freezer and marinated fridge portions, chop veggies for recipes later in the week and prep sauces. I cut tubs of vegetables to throw together a quick salad during the week; diced red onion, cucumber, celery and romaine lettuce (I use a plastic lettuce knife so it does not brown) all ready to go.

Every Sunday I also make a large low carb meal that I can eat through out the week, like a hearty soup (of which I have several versions), bean less chili or a roast. This is my Sunday night dinner that doubles as a quick lunch or dinner throughout the week that just needs to be heated.

I try to cook large batches of everything so that I have plenty of leftovers for quick lunches and dinners during the week, here is an example of my weekly meal plan:


Break Lunch Dinner
Sun Spinach and Feta Frittata (brunch) Large Pot of Bean-less Chili
Mon Frittata Italian Roll Ups Baked Chicken & Veggies
Tues Sausage and eggs Chili Dogs with Cheese Baked Chicken Salad
Wed Frittata Baked Chicken Parm Chili
Thurs Chili Eggs Chef Salad Pork Chops & Veggies
Fri Pork Chops and eggs Italian Roll Ups Leftover night!!!
Sat “Leftover” Omelet
(brunch)
Low Carb Flatbread Pizza

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brinkzone : The Final Frontier for Bodybuilding, Health & Fitness
Author Will Brink's Free Bodybuilding Site. Great Articles, Blog and Gallery.

AC Weight Loss Diet
Best Value Weight Loss Diet Program and Support Forum.