Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Low Carb Is Expensive!

Low Carb Is Expensive!


Okay, I know that is not a revelation from some one like me who has been part of the low carb lifestyle for years now but in light of my new financial situation it has become a bit more obvious. I am still working part time and I am very thankful to be making my bills .... but it has made my low carb cooking a little on the uncreative side :-(

I love to come up with new and tasty low carb recipes to eat and to share online but I have had to cut back on the extras ... you know, imported cheese, expensive sugar free syrup, pretty much everything from the organic grocery store ... I think you get the idea.

So, I have not been posting because I felt like I had nothing to share with my readers but after talking to a fellow low carber that was having similar issues got me rethinking. After all, a lot of people are having money issues right now and they have to change the way they are cooking too. My cooking is not boring ... it is just thrifty! Thrifty low carb recipes to come!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Great blog!

Keep the recipes coming - can't ever get enough low-carb options to use in the kitchen.

And definitely eager to hear about 'economic' options, too! :-)

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Monkey Pandas and Other Things said...

Oh fab! I find it slightly more expensive to eat low-carb, but I love it so much more so will give up other things!! I've just rediscovered my slow-cooker...I find that much cheaper and the meals go a lot further! Looking forward to seeing your recipes :-)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous low carb recipes said...

The way I see it is that eating low carb can be cheap or expensive, It is not that expensive to live of cheap cuts of meat [shoulder etc] cheap cheeses [buy in bulk and freeze] and vegetables [frozen veg seems to be soo cheap] but its kind boring eating like that.

Low carb gets more expensive the more fun your having with the more varied and extravagant meals you cook.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger mel4576 said...

Thank you for all the positive responses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brinkzone : The Final Frontier for Bodybuilding, Health & Fitness
Author Will Brink's Free Bodybuilding Site. Great Articles, Blog and Gallery.

AC Weight Loss Diet
Best Value Weight Loss Diet Program and Support Forum.